We’re bold, creative, pushing boundaries, sparking innovation and creating the extraordinary on the daily. Still living the dream that brought a couple of university grads together in 1972. It’s that entrepreneurial spirit, that passion that drives us to find new paths for some of the most recognized brands in the world. We are an eclectic collective with multifaceted expertise, who act locally for global impact. We take risks. We empower. We go beyond.
To those who won’t settle for the expected—you’ve found your crew.
Being unique is something to be celebrated. We embrace differences. They allow us to challenge and learn from each other. The extraordinary comes from different experiences, different lives. It brings us closer. We speak 37 languages, compete in sports and give back to the community. All of this makes us one big team—and we like it that way.
We’re on the lookout for someone unique. A person with drive, passion and energy to create something great.
As a Talent Manager, you will work with not only Cossette, but also the wider Vision 7 partner brands. Vision7, as one of the top 40 international marketing communications companies in the world, has four operating divisions: Cossette, Citizen Relations, The Camps Collective and Vision 7 Media.
Our Vision7 office in Vancouver has an immediate opening for a Talent Manager/ Employee
Experience (HR Professional). Reporting directly to the Senior Talent Director in Toronto, this person will partner with the Agency Leaders in the Vancouver office to help drive practices and programs that align with our global vision and values and provide a best-in-class employee experience.
The Talent Manager responsibilities include all aspects of the Employee Experience for the 100+ person office in Vancouver including attraction through to recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, training and development and off-boarding.
The Talent Manager will pull support from the national Talent Centre of Excellence function of Talent Acquisition, Leadership & Development, Total Rewards, and Data and Analytics to support all aspects of the Employee Experience to ensure the journey is equitable, bias free and optimized to support our People First Strategy
Specific responsibilities include:
- Implement, and promote Talent initiatives which further the strategic goals of the organization
- Build strong partnerships with leaders and managers through effective consultation on strategic and operational people issues
- Provide expert guidance to ensure consistent and fair resolution of employee relations issues, liaising with external legal counsel as necessary
- Work alongside agency leaders to review and analyze employee metrics such as employee engagement surveys and exit interviews and assist in defining actions plans to drive engagement
- Manage risk and ensure legal compliance by keeping current with regulatory environment
- Together with the L&D Manager, determine training and development needs, and design unique programs and delivery methods that meet the needs of employees
- Manage a Receptionist/ Coordinator to ensure all HR data entries are completed
- Participate as Talent lead for the Vancouver Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging committee
what you bring to the table. (qualifications)
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience in an HR generalist role
- Proven performance as a Talent/ HR leader is required - ideally in advertising, public relations, communications, technology or a related field
- Fully versed in all Talent / HR disciplines - and have a progressive and collaborative style
- Strong business acumen combined with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and are a true relationship builder - able to quickly gain trust and respect from colleagues and partners
- High degree of agility and flexibility to multitask and manage multiple priorities and stakeholders and be comfortable operating in the grey
- Exceptional judgment, discretion, and professionalism
- High integrity that strives to always operate with a positive intent
- Strong computer skills: MSOffice, Gmail, GSuite and familiarity with HRIS systems
what’s in it for you.
- The chance to work at an innovative, award winning agency
- We work in a space where our creative minds run free.
- We have each other’s back, through thick and thin.
- Our clients trust and believe in creativity.
- You’ll find yourself challenged to go beyond your comfort zone.
- The hours are flexible and you get generous time off during the winter holidays.
- You might hear the occasional barking at the office. Dogs of Cossette are a thing.
The position will be based in Vancouver, but can successfully operate in a hybrid environment.
things you should know.
- We’re humbled by the number of talented people who apply to work with us every day. And we thank each and every one of you. Truly.
- We’ll reach out directly to those we’d like to meet for an interview.
- Creating meaningful work means embracing different perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on age, colour, ability, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. Not only are these provisions protected by provincial and federal law, embracing difference is what makes Vision7 & Cossette what it is—and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- We pride ourselves on our inclusive and accessible workplace. If you need any accommodations during the interview process to make it work for you, let us know.